Wednesday 15 May 2013

Illustrating a Book

I have a hard time getting Cosmo to enjoy art work, but this project grabbed his attention immediately.

We had picked up an exercise book that has blank space at the top of the page and lines for writing underneath. I'd hoped he might like to write a story book or something, but he had an even better idea. 


'Let's make a book to teach my cousins about Shavuot and we can give it to them!'

Awesome. 

He wasn't keen on the idea of doing the writing himself, he didn't think they'd be able to read it, so I agreed to do that part if he helped me remember how the story went. We ended up using a video to remind us from YouTube - how did people homeschool before google? 


His illustrations are brilliant and I'm so pleased he had the confidence to do it. 



We are going to take the book around to his cousins this afternoon so they can enjoy it this evening. 



Happy holidays! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment